2) Use sandpaper sheets under fabric to keep it from slipping when tracing for templates etc.
3) Buy rubber sticky back rings from Joann's to put on rulers to stop slipping.
4) June Tailor strip guide plastic template . . . use the slots to guide your circular cutter to make strips
5) Instead of stitch in the ditch . . . stitch ¼ inch along side of the seam . . . it's easier.
6) Use dryer sheets for running your thread through to keep it from tangling and for running your hot iron over to get off sticky residue.